The Macao Mobile Café hit the road for the third year to share the stories of Macao through its cuisine. This exciting and interactive food truck concept kicked off in 2017 in New York City, and the following year it expanded to include Los Angeles. For 2019, the Macao Mobile Café went even bigger and bolder by rolling through the streets of San Francisco with new, diversified interactive elements and design concept.
After highly successful, award-winning activations in New York and Los Angeles, the Experience Macao Food Truck popped up in the culinary city of San Francisco. We built up buzz with an exclusive influencer cooking class, led by guest Chef Telmo Faria, and hosted a special trade and media launch event. Then, for four days, the enhanced truck and new café traveled to five popular areas in San Francisco to serve up authentic serradura, bacalhau, egg tarts and pork chop buns. Delicious food, café seating, twice-daily lion dances (including glow-in-the-dark nighttime shows), and a sweepstakes drew in guests from all over the city to learn more about traveling to Macao.
Serving more than 6,000 food samples, the Macao’s Mobile Café in San Francisco earned over 8 million media impressions and over 1.5 million social media impressions (paid and earned). Top media hits included NBC Bay Area, Channel 2 News and Skylink TV. In addition to extensive engagement across three cities, this series of events has resulted in several prestigious awards for the Macao Government Tourism Office, including:
- Gold Award in Marketing – 2020 PATA Gold Awards, Macao’s Mobile Café in San Francisco, 2019
- Top Ten Finalist – 2020 Drum Awards, Macao’s Mobile Café in San Francisco, 2019
- Grand Award in Marketing – 2019 PATA Gold Awards, Experience Macao Food Truck in Los Angeles, 2017
- Gold Award in Experiential Public Relations – 2019 HMSAI Adrian Awards, Experience Macao Food Truck in New York and Los Angeles, 2017 and 2018
- Gold Award – Travel Weekly Magellan Awards, Experience Macao Food Truck in New York City, 2018
- 8M media impressions
- 6K food samples served
- 1.5M social impressions