Myriad Destination News January 2020
- Destination Representation
Happy new year (or new decade?) to you and yours! While Jan. 1 may have already come and gone, the New Year celebrations are yet to begin in Macao, where the Year of the Rat will begin on January 27 with colorful firework displays, festive parades, cultural performances and more. Papua New Guinea is already looking ahead to the “Sing Sings” of 2020. These celebrations allow visitors to gain exposure to the many different cultures throughout the island and, due to their popularity, visitors often plan a year in advance to attend. But these new year celebrations are just the beginning from Myriad destinations – read on below for more!
MYRIAD CLIENT NEWS:
- Qatar will host the Doha Jewelry and Watch Exhibition February 24–29, 2020, where more than 500 international luxury brands will display their finest work, special editions and unique pieces alongside the most talented emerging local jewelry designers.
- While the towns and villages of Tenerife have festivals and “Romerías” throughout the year, one of the most popular annual festivals is the Tenerife Carnival which takes place February 19–March 1 this year. Travelers in search of the largest and liveliest carnival on the island can stay in the city of Santa Cruz, which offers one of Europe’s largest and most exotic carnival street parties and parades.
- Rwanda is set to begin tourism operations in a brand-new national park later in 2020. Gishwati-Mukura National Park will debut a new visitor reception and operations center, ranger patrol posts, and new primate trekking experiences in the second quarter of 2020.
- Dominica will see the reopening of Rosalie Bay Eco-Resort following Hurricane Maria in 2017.
- Michelin has unveiled its full selection for the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2020, awarding a total of 20 restaurants in Macao Michelin stars! This year, Sichuan Moon (located in the Wynn Palace Macao) made its Michelin Guide debut, earning two stars. Of the 20 starred Macanese restaurants, The Eight, Jade Dragon and Robuchon au Dome all boast the acclaimed three Michelin stars.
- Discover Dominica will be hosting media desksides in New York City on Jan. 22 and Jan. 24, and in Boston on Jan. 27. If you are interested in meeting with a tourism representative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you be interested in any of the news or media opportunities above, please reach out to email@example.com. For your reference, a full list of MMGY Myriad PR clients can be found below, and more information on Myriad’s marketing and representation services can be found at myriaddestinations.com.
We hope to work with you soon!